Jan 20, 2011

Welcome, fanatics of both Football and Football!

Welcome to my new pet project, the Football and Football blog.

I've been an avid fan of sports my entire life, in both participation and in watching a game on a nice relaxing weekend.

One little thing has bothered me for the longest time, though. Most fans of football HATE football. And the fans of football absolutely LOATH football.

Me? I'm a huge fan of both Footballs. And of course, I'm talking about American Football and Soccer (or "Real Football" as Europeans love to point out).

I live in the US, I've been a great fan of BOTH sports equally throughout my young life, and by God, have I seen and heard some ignorant crap from fans of both sides. There's no reason to hate the other football - to me, each has its own charms and issues. Surely, there are people out there like me, who've been caught in the $#!tstorm that is the endless debate: which football is better?

The answer, my friends, is THEY'RE BOTH AWESOME.

So, here it is. Football-and-Football. A blog dedicated to you, the poor sap who's a closet football-fan that likes the other football as well...

7 comments:

  1. hi.
    I'm from Europe and that's why i prefere what you called "soccer". But i haven't seen a lot of football and i don't understand all rules...then it is hard to follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like to watch either one, or any sports for that matter, but I am extremely competitive and will glady play both. I have played soccer for 12 years.

    following

    hazdbot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, did that guy break his nose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, like temptation said, I would love to see maybe a post about rules etc etc about american football since I'm a european aswell. It would be dull as hell too read posts about American football but then enjoy the ones about regular football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, I just saw that you're from Jersey.. I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this little debate here :)
    How about another Football? (Australian Rules). Which in Australia we classify as our Football, yet others here will argue like anywhere else that "Soccer" is Football. To me its all a name and if you like one or the other or even both then it doesn't need silly banter.

    ReplyDelete